top of page

Probate Of Estates On The North Shore

When a loved one passes away, their estate often goes through probate, a court-managed process. If there is no will, this is when and where their assets are distributed and managed. If your loved one has a trust or will, probate is not necessary unless you want to transfer ownership of the assets.


In most cases, if there is no will for the deceased, the spouse or an adult child will be appointed. That appointed person will be officially declared the representative or executor of the estate. Once the person has been granted the power, they can gather and value any remaining assets, settle any bills, and distribute any remaining assets to their beneficiaries.


Probate Estate Services For Greater Boston Residents


Some of the common tasks that are involved with the probate of estate cases:

Handling The Estate Probate Process On The North Shore


Probate assets, which must go through the probate process, include individually owned assets such as titled property, investment accounts, bank or brokerage accounts, and businesses. Personal items like jewelry, collectibles, furniture, family heirlooms, and clothing also require probate. Tenancy in common property, where ownership is shared among multiple people, involves probate for the deceased's share. Although probate often has a negative reputation, probate is a necessary step in settling an estate, and having a will can simplify the process for your loved ones.





















Advising On The Best Way To Settle Any Debts And Pay Bills In Massachusetts


A personal representative must apply for a Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration to manage the deceased's assets. They are responsible for funeral arrangements and expenses, which can be reimbursed from the estate unless a pre-paid plan exists. Acting with "due diligence," they prioritize the estate's interests by valuing assets and liabilities, settling taxes, paying debts, preparing accounts and tax returns for beneficiaries, and distributing assets to those entitled. If you seek guidance for duties related to the personal representative, contact Attorney Andrew Bucklin today in Massachusetts.

Preparing & Filling All Information That Is Required By The Courts


Understanding the required documents for probate court is crucial for validating the Will, distributing assets, settling debts, and closing the estate. Key documents include death certificates, the last will and testament, trust documents, beneficiary designations, contact information for heirs, tax returns, insurance policies, financial statements, property deeds, business agreements, appraisals, asset lists, loan agreements, bills, debts, and medical expenses. Organizing these makes for a smoother probate process that aligns with legal requirements and the deceased's wishes. When you need help probating an estate in Massachusetts, call Attorney Andrew Bucklin. He is dedicated to serving all of Massachusetts with his superior and expert probate knowledge.















Massachusetts Estate Tax 

Attorney Bucklin, an estate planning professional, provides a detailed review of your current or prospective estate plan, working with your family to secure your legacy. He may request documents like wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and insurance policies to tailor recommendations effectively. Attorney Bucklin can help you make these documents. Similarly, he can assist with tax planning. He will analyze your income tax situation to optimize investment strategies, retirement planning, and potential tax savings, typically requesting a few prior years of tax returns for personalized advice. For more information or to access these services, please contact Attorney Bucklin at 781-632-8675.

Book A Free Probate Consultation Based In Lynn, MA


If you are faced with going through probate, turn to attorney Andrew Bucklin who will assist you without any fear or doubt that every detail will be thought of and taken care of. He has spent years guiding his clients through probate cases efficiently. If you or a loved one is facing probate of the estate, then it’s important to work with someone who can explain the process thoroughly to you. For help navigating probate of estates, you can call attorney Bucklin at 781-632-8675 or contact him directly on his website.

bottom of page